St John’S Co-Cathedral
Valletta | Malta
St. John’s Co.Cathedral in Valletta is a real and proper jewel of baroque art and architecture, one of the most important places of worship in the Mediterranean Sea, legendary crossroads of art and history, that in 1572 was chosen by Jean de la Cassière, Grand Master of the Order of the Knights Hospitaller of St John (a.k.a. the Knights of Malta), to become the conventual church of this powerful order.
In order to illuminate a place of worship like this Church, with a symbolic, liturgical and architectural value, the intervention with light had the following targets: providing functional support to prayers, enhancing the architectural and artistic values of the Co-Cathedral that shelters many sculptural and pictorial masterpieces; hosting tours for visitors or scholars, allowing occasional cultural events.